Nina Alvis Needs

Nina and Jack moved to the village in 1987, and were the first residents of number 2 Meadowgate.

Nina quickly fitted into village life and became a Parish Councillor in 1988 and served for around seven years on the council.  Major work of the Parish Council from the time Nina joined was the instigation and completion of the new cemetery in 1991. 

 

 

Nina is the first lady on the left of the picture.

 

Nina also joined the fundraising committee for the building of a village hall and was very much involved in the first Clownfest that took place in 1990. Nina and Jack weeded the whole of Orchard Lane as it was going to be used for the erection of stalls and then closed to traffic for the day.  Once the hall opened in 1992, she became the first treasurer and for many years took on the responsibility of booking clerk.

After Jack died in 2006, Nina decided to leave the village and moved into a bungalow in Oundle.  She stayed there for many years, keeping herself occupied with working for charities in the town.  It was the loss of Nina’s eyesight that instigated her last move and this was to Abbott House, Oundle in 2016.

1927-2019