Orchard Crescent lies at the western end of Orchard Lane. The site was part of the field which now encompasses Pridmore Close.

In August 1948 a planning application was made for the investigation into sand which was below the top soil. A late Orchard Crescent resident remembers a hole being dug adjacent to the hedge and sand was found but there was no further action taken regarding this. In 1974 an application was made for the construction of eight retirement bungalows for the use of Woodnewton and local residents. In 1975 construction commenced on the bungalows and the first residents moved in during May 1976.

They were:-

No.1 Mr & Mrs Richmond from Kingscliffe
No.2 Mr John (Jack) Glover & Mrs Wagstaffe from Main Street Woodnewton.
No.3 Mr & Mrs Pridmore (Joe & Margaret) from Sycamore Close, Woodnewton.
No.4 Mr & Mrs Bright (Horace & Winifred) from Thurning.
No.5 Mr & Mrs Reed (Harold Leonard & Mary), and their son, Leonard, from
Manor Cottage Main Street, Woodnewton.
No.6 Mr & Mrs Hollowell (Joseph (Jerry) & Mary), from Sycamore Close,
Woodnewton.
No.7 Mrs Valentina Poliakoff (Momma Coco) from Orchard Lane, Woodnewton.
No.8 Miss Dorothy (Dolly) Burgess, from the cottage which used to be the Reading
Room next to Manor Cottage, Main Street, Woodnewton.

Len Reed lived in the bungalow he and his parents moved into in 1976 until his death in 2016. Len was a keen gardener and his floral displays outside the bungalow were quite spectacular each year.

2014